Tuesday, March 24, 2020

COVID19: March, 24, 2020 - Grief

Hearing my grandsons’ laughter from a social distance of 200 miles and longing for their hugs

Cancelling a farewell lunch with a friend I may never see again, as she relocates beyond the reach of my days

Delaying the celebration of life for a saint whose widow deserves so much more than the silence of a community in hibernation

Sending guests from another part of the world home after a long-anticipated visit cut short, so many grand adventures planned, now undone

Waiting endlessly to be with dear friends for an already overdue trip that I suddenly suspect is nothing more than a fantasy

Preparing the sermon for a joyous Resurrection Sunday I now foresee becoming Good Friday, part two

Missing a favorite book I left at the office, trying desperately to remember the phrase that brought me such wild hope and courage

Each disappointment seems so trivial today
Yet all hold heightened importance

Losses worthy of grief





No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.