Friday, September 11, 2015

Who is he?


“What are people saying about me? Who do they say I am?” Jesus asked.

Some say you are the one who will make them rich and successful.

Some say you’re the one who will get them elected to public office.

Some say you’re the one who is always on their side in battle.

Some say you’re the one who sends people to hell if they don’t believe you’re God.

Some say you’re the one who always agrees with them.

Some say you’re the one who hates all the same people they do.

“Hmmm. Interesting,” he says, “But that’s not who I am. If you want to know who I am, here’s a clue… Who I am is not very different than who I’m calling you to become. Who do you say I am?”

Don’t run from suffering; embrace it. Follow me and I’ll show you how. Self-help is no help at all. Self-sacrifice is the way, my way, to saving yourself, your true self.  --   Mark 8:35, The Message

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.