My favoritest game is Scrabble and I probably play at least a half dozen games a week. I learned recently that it's a great way to keep the mind working, especially if you want to avoid getting Oldtimer's Disease. But, beyond that, there is much you can learn about life by playing Scrabble. Here are the Top Ten Ways Scrabble Is Like Life.
10. You have to do the best you can with what you’ve been given.
9. You can have all the right stuff, but if your timing is off, it’s worthless.
8. It takes imagination and vision to see the possibilities other people might miss.
7. It’s not smart to put your best stuff in places where you get little return.
6. Just when you think you’re stuck, you can receive an unexpected surprise that changes everything.
5. You may not know what the other person is hiding, but eventually it all comes out.
4. Using more doesn’t necessarily get you further than using less, but you get the biggest reward if you use up everything you’ve been given.
3. You can only receive more if you are willing to part with what you have.
2. Great benefit comes to the one with the wisdom to know exactly where to place his or her “s”.
1. It’s more fun sharing the experience with someone else than it is doing it alone.